- Switch off and unplug before cleaning
- Never use a damaged appliance
- Never touch the mains plug and socket with wet hands
- Never operate the appliance when the freshwater container is empty
- Keep the mains cable out of reach of children
- Take care when lifting as the appliance is heavy
- You should always have your appliance checked by a qualified technician if it has been dropped or damaged to ensure it is safe to use.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children must be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance
- Oil and fat should not be deposited down the drain of a mobile sink unit.
- Never immerse the appliance or power cable and plug into water or any other liquid
- Do not use in a very damp, humid or steamy areas.
- Do not use where temperatures are regularly below 4C or above 38C.
- Do no use where dirt and dust may block the sensor
Adjusting the Water Temperature
Select the appropriate water temperature for the user
The temperature can be changed by turning the temperature dial anti clockwise to increase the temperature and clockwise to decrease the temperature. The temperature ranges from 22C through to 48C (dependent on the KW of the unit). Each water dispense is 170ml or 270ml of continuous water at your selected temperature. Once you have set your required temperature your Mobile Sink Unit will need to be used 3 times to get to the desired temperature.
Actual water temperature may differ slightly from the declared temperature
The temperature depends of water hardness, water inlet temperature, room temperature and fluctuations in the main electricity supply
Cleaning the pump filter
Simply removing any extraneous matter from the filter, wiping with a damp lint free cloth
Your Odyssey Mobile Sink has been designed to operate with a suitable water container. Damage resulting from the use of containers other than a suitable Mobile Sink container are not covered by the warranty. When inserted correctly there is a gap between the two water containers.
Reusable HDPE plastic, recycle and replace bottles in accordance with your hygiene requirements
Do not use with any other liquid other than water and either vinegar for limescale removal or (Milton) for sterilising tablets / liquid. Hot water is not suitable for making beverages. However, all pipe work and water containers supplied are food grade.
Water-soluble cleansing agent used in the water container or within the bowl may produce bubbles/ suds causing the wastewater container to overflow. Any overflow should be cleaned with a damp cloth and drying the case and sensors with a paper towel to remove the residual water and bubbles.
NOTE impurities in the water can damage the pump. For protection use the water filter provided. Replacement filters can be purchased from the mobile sink company
PLEASE NOTE Do not overfill your water containers, leave enough water to position the freshwater pipe work.
NOTE overuse of cleaning agents may cause an overflow
In hard water areas limescale may build up.
We would recommend using white vinegar at a ratio of 25% vinegar to 75% water
Problems that can indicate descaling is required:
- Reduced water flow
- Water flow stops completely
- The machine fails to heat up properly
- Unusual noises
It is recommended that you descale your mobile sink unit regularly – how often will depend on how hard your water is and how regularly you use your mobile sink unit.
To begin place 2500ml of white vinegar and 7500ml of water into your freshwater container.
Press the button 3 times to begin the descaling process
Time for 15 minutes you will not be able to use your Mobile Sink Unit in this time period.
After the descaling is completed flush through with water by pressing the button
This must be a competent person to complete this process, it must not be completed by a child.
Your Odyssey Mobile Sink Unit should be cleaned regularly, and dirt and deposits removed. Failure to maintain the mobile sink in a clean condition can affect the life of your mobile sink and possibly result in a hazardous situation. Cleaning your mobile sink unit will help to prevent a build-up of stubborn marks that can be difficult to clean.
Like all stainless-steel appliances, you will need to clean your Odyssey Mobile Sink Unit. We suggest when not in use your water containers are emptied, ideally at the end of each day and your mobile sink unit is wiped over with general soap-based detergent (washing up liquid / antibacterial spray) with a soft microfibre cloth. Alternatively if your sink has not been cleaned you can clean going forward with a stainless-steel cleaner to remove oxidized stains or rust.
Although called stainless steel a more accurate name would be harder to stain steel, steel does rust, stainless steel has a chromium oxide layer.
Although this layer is only a few molecules thick it covers the surface of the stainless steel which is what gives it the ability to resist stains and rust. This layer can get damaged or removed by physical abrasion (brushing, grinding, scraping or by chemical reaction) It can be weakened due to expansion and contraction caused by heating and cooling i.e. humidity.
With a little cleaning and care the chromium oxide layer is self-healing. Do not use cleaning sprays that contain the following, chlorides, such as iodine, bromine, chlorine, fluorine) or cleaning sprays or liquids that contain alcohol, ammonia or mineral spirits. Also do not use steel wool or steel brushes as particles can adhere to the stainless steel and rust.
1. Unplug the mobile sink unit from the mains before cleaning. It is important that the tap and the motion sensor is always keep clean. Wipe it with a mild detergent and water and leave to dry.
2. To clean the outer case and inside housing where the water containers sit use a soft damp cloth to wipe off any splashes or a paper towel to mop up any spills. Wipe off any dirt with a damp cloth and a little detergent. Dry thoroughly. If needed use stainless-steel cleaner to remove oxidized stains although this may take a little effort to clean.
3. Clean the door of the mobile sink unit to make sure it can close properly
4. Be careful not to spill water into the power connections at the back of the unit.
5. Use warm soapy water to clean the outside do not use any abrasive pads or powders that could scratch the control panel.
6. Unplug the mobile sink unit before cleaning and wipe the power lead with a damp cloth and leave it to dry before plugging it back in
Once completed you then need to dispose of the water from both your fresh and wastewater containers and then sterilise your fresh and wastewater container and pipework by adding 2 sterilising tablets (Milton) to the containers and leave for 15 minutes. Disposing of both the fresh and wastewater once the process is completed
Cleaning the Containers and Pipes
This operation must be completed once per week. More frequent cleaning and sanitization may be appropriate in situations where the risk is considered high.
Remove the clean water container from the unit. Empty the container and rinse it
Fill the container with sanitizing solution at the strength recommended by the manufacturer.
Replace the container in the unit and connect it up to the water delivery system. Operate the tap twice to fill the pipes with the sanitizing solution
Leave the sanitizing solution to act for the time recommended by the manufacturer. If no time is recommended, leave it for at least 15 minutes.
Remove the waste container from the unit and empty it as before.
After rinsing the waste container, replace it in the unit.
After the clean water container has stood for the appropriate time, operate the tap 5 times to run the sanitizer through the system.
Remove both containers from the unit.
Decant the sanitizing solution from the clean water container into the waste container.
Rinse the clean water container thoroughly and refill it with fresh, cold, potable water (as before).
Replace the clean water container in the unit and connect it up to the water delivery system.
After the wastewater container of sanitizing solution has stood for the required time, empty it and rinse it thoroughly as before.
Replace the waste container in the unit and connect the waste pipe. Operate the tap 5 times to rinse out the pipes.
This appliance is equipped with a mains cable with an earthed plug.
The plug must be plugged into an appropriate mains socket that is installed and earthed in accordance with all local standard and requirements.
Improper connection of the appliance- earthing conductor can result in a risk of an electric shock.
Check with a qualified electrician or service representative if you are in doubt whether the appliance is properly earthed.
Never modify the plug provided with the appliance
If the plug does not fit properly in the main socket, have a qualified electrician install a proper mains socket.
The appliance is not intended to be operated by the means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
Before connecting to a power source make sure your supply voltage is the same as the one indicated on the appliance.
Always fully unwind the power cord before use
The appliance must be positioned so that the plug is easily accessible
The appliance is not designed for maritime use or for use in mobile installations such as caravans or aircraft.
Before storing the unit, all water must be drained to protect the unit from freezing. Remove all water from both the fresh and the wastewater containers. Place the freshwater container back into the unit with the freshwater pipe in the correct position in the water container. When the unit is plugged in press the button up to 3 times to remove any residual water from the inside of the unit. This water will then drain down the freshwater pipe into the freshwater container, this may need a few minutes for the water to fully drain from the pipe work. You may need to manually squeeze the pipe if any visible water has not been fully dispersed. Wipe down the inside and outside of the unit including the bowl and tap as per the cleaning instructions.
Remove and sterilize your fresh and wastewater containers then store properly.
Close the door on your mobile sink unit
Store the unit on a flat level surface in the up-right position
Caution on freezing during winter
Make sure to install the appliance where it will not freeze during winter. The appliance and its accessories can get destroyed through frost if there are any water residues in them.
When the fresh or waste pipes are installed in a curved shape and not directly straight the inner hose may freeze.
Making sure the water is removed completely from the unit and the water containers are empty along with the fresh and wastewater pipe
Do not install the appliance in rooms where freezing temperatures may occur. Store the appliance in a frost-free room. Frozen pipes may burst under pressure. The reliability of the electronic control unit may be impaired at temperatures below freezing point
Moving the mobile sink unit
Do not wheel or push around or move without first unplugging the unit and emptying both the fresh and wastewater containers.
Wooden floors are particularly susceptible to vibration. To prevent vibration, we recommend you please rubber cups at least 15mm thick on each of the wheels. If you install your appliance on a slippery surface it may move, if this occurs install an anti-slip sheet / mat under the wheels.
When transporting in vehicles remove all water from containers keeping the appliance upright and secure the appliance against shifting and tipping over.
Always store your mobile sink unit upright and never on its side
Before you arrange a service, check the below list of problems and solutions
- Water supply is not adequate in the freshwater container – fill freshwater container
- Water inlet hose is kinked – straighten the hose
- The filter of the inlet hose is clogged – clean and straighten the hose
- Mobile Sink does not start- electrical power cord may not be plugged in or connection may be lost.
- Fuse / Circuit breaker tripped, or a power outage has occurred – Reset Circuit breaker you may need to replace the fuse. Do not increase or decrease fuse capacity. If the problem is a circuit overload have it corrected by a qualified electrician.
- Fresh Water empty – re fill freshwater container and position at the back and right-hand side of the unit
- The unit is making a louder noise make sure it has a minimum of 1 litre of water
- The infrared sensor isn’t working – Clean the sensor with a damp lint free cloth
- The water dispense isn’t at my required temperature- turn the temperature control dial and press 3 times to check desired temperature
- How do I open the door – turn the handle
- Vibrating noise – are the wheels resting firmly on the ground
- Water Leaks – drainpipe is clogged – check for excessive suds which may cause leaks
- Odour – Odours can occur if foreign substances are left in the water containers- be sure to clean/ sterilize your water containers and replace water containers as and when needed.
Only suitable water containers should be used with the Mobile Sink Unit
Do Not use the mobile sink unit for anything other than water. Use of the Mobile Sink for any unintended purposes may result in serious damage
Do Not use the mobile sink unit unless in an upright position
Do Not transport your unit with water containers in place
Use cold water (do not use ice cold water)
Do Not move the mobile sink while in the water dispense process
Use your mobile sink on a flat, stable surface.
Do Not place your mobile sink on a hot surface and never use it close to an open flame
Never use the appliance to clean objects containing hazardous substances
The mains plug and coupling must be watertight and must never lie in water.
Unsuitable extension cables can be hazardous.
Always unroll electrical cables
In case of extended downtimes switch the appliance off at the mains switch
Do Not operate the appliance at temperature below 0C
Never leave the appliance unattended with it is in the clean or rinse cycle
Brand: The Mobile Sink Company Ltd
Product Type: Mobile Sink
Mass of Appliance: 18KG As Standard
Dimensions: 320mm Wide X 320mm Deep Height to basin X 829MM
Water Pressure: 0.1Mpa
Rated Flowrate： ≥ 1.200 L/min
Max Pressure： ≥ 2.5 bar
Standard Wash: 170ml or 270ml Depending on Model
Capacity Per Wash: 200ml
Maximum Allowed Operating Temperature Standard Use: 42°C / 107.6°F
Voltage 220-240 V 50/60 Hz
Energy Consumption: 3KW or 2KW Depending on Model
Left on Mode Power Consumption: 1.0W
Mains Fuse 13A
This appliance must be earthed.
This appliance comes with a 3-pin moulded BS 1363, 13-amp plug. The fuse should be rated at 13 amps.
If your power cable or plug is damaged it must be disposed of immediately, a new cable including plug can be purchase from the Mobile Sink Company LTD or replaced with a suitable supply cord which must include a 13-amp fuse in the plug.
Where not to position your Mobile Sink
Where temperature is regularly below 4C or above 38C, including unheated buildings, outdoor rooms, porches, or cellars
In very dusty, dirty or greasy areas. Clean your unit frequently
In insect – infested areas. Insects can clog openings to the sensors and cause damage
In damp or humid locations
Less than 30.5cm (12 inches) away from fluorescent lights. Electrical ‘’noise’’ can interfere with the sensor.